Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The 2010 Census

I don't want to dwell on this, but I feel that I need to say something. Let me preface this OPINION by agreeing that the money spent on mailing a letter to alert people to the fact that they will be receiving a Census by mail is wasteful. I get it. Even though that money (with the exception of paper, toner, etc) is going almost DIRECTLY TO ANOTHER DIVISION OF THE GOVERNMENT: ie the Postal Service, I agree it is wasteful.

But there are over TWO MILLION CIVILIANS alone who work for the government, and this number excludes the Postal Service (http://www.bls.gov/oco/cg/cgs041.htm). The decision to go through with the mailing (which has been done in the past) was made by a group of people, NOT THE PRESIDENT. If you want things to be done differently, stop complaining and apply for a job! They plan to hire 300,000 people this year alone.

And to people like this: (refer to the comment made by Robert Malacheski)

http://www.resistnet.com/forum/topics/census-form-experiences?commentId=2600775%3AComment%3A2080045

who insinuate that they are going to threaten or shoot Census workers... WHO ARE CIVILIANS BY THE WAY, go to hell. It's so sad, but I can probably guess where you are from. Kudos to your wit and wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment